Richard C. Mahoney
Attorney at Law / Managing Member
Email: [email protected]
Personal Injury; Defense/Insurance/Liability; Arbitration/Mediation; Wrongful Death; Liquor Liability/Dram Shop; Business/Contracts; Probate/Wills/Trusts/Estates; Probate Litigation; Bad Faith; Uninsured/Underinsured; Coverage/Declaratory Judgment; Opinion Letters; Errors & Omissions; Appeals; Defective Premises; Contested Wills; Employment Contracts; Start-Up LLC; Product Liability; Malpractice; Real Estate
Richard C. Mahoney joined Kenny, Brimmer & Mahoney, LLC in 1979, later becoming a principal in the firm in 1986. Mr. Mahoney has experience in diverse areas of law, including personal injury and pedestrian accidents; wrongful death; medical malpractice actions; insurance defense; premises liability; insurance coverage issues; real estate; probate; business organization; contract litigation; landlord / tenant matters; workers compensation; foreclosure mediation; wills, trusts and estates; and will contests. He has been practicing law for 35 years, and has conducted many trials and appeals, representing plaintiffs and defendants in virtually all types of litigation.
Mr. Mahoney has argued cases before the Connecticut Supreme Court and Connecticut's appellate courts, concerning issues which have contributed significantly to the development of Connecticut law including: Cora Sokolowski v. Medi Mart, Inc., 24 Conn. App. 276, 587 A.2d 1056 (1991); Andrew Dawson, et al. v. David Farr, et al., 227 Conn. 780, 632 A.2d 41 (1993); Puchalsky v. Rappahahn, 63 Conn. App.72 774 A.2d 1029 (2001); Stanley v. Lincoln, 75 Conn. App. 781 818 A.2d 783 (2003); and Gordon and Downs v. HNS Management Company, Inc., 272 Conn. 81, 861 A.2d 1160 (2004). He has attained the highest possible rating of "AV" from Martindale-Hubbell, the national directory of attorneys, indicating preeminent legal ability and the highest ethical standards in the practice of law.
In 1999, the judges of the Superior Court of Connecticut appointed Mr. Mahoney a state mediator, fact finder, and arbitrator and he continues to serve in that capacity. He has also acted as a private mediator and arbitrator for attorneys from Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York. In 2014, Attorney Mahoney was invited to join the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals of which he is now a member due to his expertise in arbitrations and mediations. He continues his dedication to the community through his involvement in civic and community work.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Arbitrator and Mediator through ADR Facilitation
- Arbitrator and Mediator through Dispute Resolution, Inc.
- Arbitrator and Mediator through Litigation Alternatives
- Arbitrator and Mediator through Resolute Systems, Inc.
- Arbitrator and Mediator through Amicus Mediation & Arbitration Group, Inc.
- Arbirtator and Mediator through National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
Community and Other Pursuits
- Wethersfield Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Wethersfield Historical Society, Secretary of Board of Directors,
- Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce
- Hartford Chamber of Commerce
- Boy Scouts of America Law Explorers Committee, Liaison
- For 30 years, Mr. Mahoney has been involved in a variety of youth sports organizations; the Irish American community organizations and associations; and historical groups and associations specializing in the history of the American Civil War.
You may obtain Attorney Mahoney's calendar for available dates at: www.NADN.org/richard-mahoney
You may also email Attorney Mahoney's Legal Assistant/Paralegal Lisa Pettinato: [email protected]
You may also contact our Real Estate Paralegal, Edith Marrero: [email protected]